The Kingdom of Quel'Thalas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Kingdom of Quel'Thalas

With the Sunwell Restored a new order shines brightly in Quel'Thalas' future

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GryphonHeart Items (GHI) - Download This Addon!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Relzhane

Relzhane

GryphonHeart Items (GHI) - Download This Addon! Empty
PostSubject: GryphonHeart Items (GHI) - Download This Addon!   GryphonHeart Items (GHI) - Download This Addon! EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Download here: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/ghi.aspx

As it turns out, more and more of our guild mates are using this addon. As I explained in the list thread, this addon allows you to create custom items. These items are not able to change your 3D model, but you can create equipable trinkets to be used within GHI's custom equipment viewer. These will be items that you cannot necessarily see on your character, things like rings and necklaces, along with whatever other trinkets you might be carrying around on your person.

However, you can use this to explain whatever armor your character is wearing in their RP set. Several of us have elaborate and most often illogical armor as part of our RP sets. I, for one, use a combination of plate to cloth armor and most of it is well below my level. If you are using armor that has some sort of in-character explanation that differs from that on the item itself, this would be the perfect way to give your armor that meaning. Make items that you can 'equip' and put them onto your custom equipment to add supplemental custom explanations to what everybody sees you wearing. If a slot doesn't currently exist for your item to equip into, make one! One great idea for use with the equipment system is to name your weapon. Make an icon for it give it all of the information you fancy in its tooltip. Everyone with GHI will be able to see what your awesome custom Scythe of Doom and Damnation is capable of!

Aside from equipment, this can be used to make RP letters (there is a button on your mail to transcribe it to GHI, or you can write your own), books (a transcribe button exists for 'real' books, as well the capability of writing your own), toys, food, anything. You name it, you can make it. The items are capable of interaction, the most useful feature being to active the custom emote system or make your character say something. They aren't able to affect game mechanics, but they can be used to add a lot to RP. Items can also make use of the chat system, from making custom emotes to writing elaborate descriptions through the message system. They can even equip items or consume them. These items are tradeable to people who use GHI, which means that you can share all those lovely Hallow's End cookies you've been baking with the guild! Best of all, you have UNLIMITED space to make as many items as you want!

There is a custom buff/debuff feature but, in my experience, it is glitchy. If a character has real buffs or debuffs, the custom ones like to mimic them rather what is set by the item. Newer versions might fix this issue, but I don't know if it has been fixed yet.

The point is this: lots of us are using it, and it does come in handy for RP (Tori and I use it all the time to trade items back and forth - like the promise ring Zhane proposed with). So, you should download it too if you haven't already! It's not required, but it may as well be at this point.

For those of you unfamiliar with addons:
-- Turn off WoW completely
-- Download the addon via manual install
-- Unzip the file it downloads
-- Place the extracted files into addons folder found within your installation folder of WoW: WoW-->Interface-->Addons
-- At the character select screen, open the addons window by clicking the button at the bottom of the screen and enable the addon
-- Login and enjoy your new addon!

You could use an addon client, but I find that to be too much hassle and I prefer to have complete control of what's going on with my PC.
Back to top Go down

GryphonHeart Items (GHI) - Download This Addon!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Kingdom of Quel'Thalas :: Guild Information :: FAQs-
Jump to: