The Kingdom of Quel'Thalas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Kingdom of Quel'Thalas

With the Sunwell Restored a new order shines brightly in Quel'Thalas' future

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RP Addons List

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Relzhane

Relzhane

RP Addons List Empty
PostSubject: RP Addons List   RP Addons List EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 6:03 pm

There are several addons available to help us RPers have more fun. They add all sorts of features to the game to help you immerse yourself further into RP. I'll list some here with a quick summary of what they are and how they can be used. Feel free to add your own to the list if you stumble across any! ^^
Back to top Go down
Relzhane

Relzhane

RP Addons List Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Addons List   RP Addons List EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 6:07 pm

flagRSP Cataclysm

Download here: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/flagrsp.aspx

This addon allows you to add profile information to your character as well as mark whether or not you are playing in-character or not. Any player who also uses the addon can see these extra details. I believe it also communicates with other RP addons of similar purpose as well. Each new version adds extra little features, like an in-character friends/foes list as well as options to turn off the names of any player not listed on your 'known' list. I have used this one a lot and I love it!

Last edited by Relzhane on Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:04 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Relzhane

Relzhane

RP Addons List Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Addons List   RP Addons List EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:12 am

Gryphonheart Items

Download here: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/ghi.aspx

This addon allows the player to create an unlimited number of custom items (and the bags to hold them) that other users of the addon can interact with. Gone are the days of having to pretend that the items already in existence are special trinkets with significance to the character.

To activate it, type /ghi after turning it on in the character select menu. This will bring up the GHI backpack icon and and from there, it's pretty self explanatory. You create items to do all sorts of fun things and they go into your GHI bag. I like this and, provided I can get everyone to use it, this will come in really handy.

One thing to note when using this addon is that the buffs are a tad glitchy. If you already have buffs, the custom buffs will read the same tooltip as the ones you have on. Also, the timers seem to be a little off and don't time out on their own, even when they are set up to do so. I suggest you just avoid the custom buff feature all together.

Last edited by Relzhane on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:35 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Relzhane

Relzhane

RP Addons List Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Addons List   RP Addons List EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:15 am

MyRolePlay

Download here: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/my-role-play.aspx

This is another profile addon. Like flagRSP, it allows you to add extra information to your character that other users of the addon can see. It also features a flagging system to mark whether you are in-character or not and your level of roleplay experience. I haven't used this one, but I've heard good reviews. I believe it's compatible with the other profile addons, too.
Back to top Go down
Relzhane

Relzhane

RP Addons List Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Addons List   RP Addons List EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:23 am

AddEmote

Download here: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/addemote.aspx

This is another one I haven't used before, but it looks really useful. This addon allows you to save frequently used custom emotes with a trigger like the built in ones. It can interact with targets, tell whether the current character you are using is male or female, and can also save alternatives for use when certain requirements aren't met. I intend to try this one out as well and I will report back on how well it works.
Back to top Go down
Relzhane

Relzhane

RP Addons List Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Addons List   RP Addons List EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:37 am

Verisimilar

Download here: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/verisimilar.aspx

This addon appears to give players the option to run custom quest lines and make the NPCs interact with players in ways that aren't predefined by WoW itself. I'm not sure how it works, but it seems like players need to have the addon and connect to the adventure being hosted by one player. That is to say that one player controls the custom content and interaction (like a dungeon master) and the others interact with it. It looks interesting, but I'm not sure if I'll use it or stick to my own method of NPC interactions.

From what I can tell, this requires a lot of work to set up events. If a player is willing to put in the effort, this can be a lot of fun. However, it's not the simplest thing to program and it will take a long time. I also get the feeling that spontaneous NPC interaction either isn't possible or is complicated. I read through the manuals it came with and wasn't able to find an easy way to do this. In short, this addon requires a lot of time and lot of work to get it to function correctly but can be a ton of fun if you're willing to give it that time.

Last edited by Relzhane on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Relzhane

Relzhane

RP Addons List Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Addons List   RP Addons List EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:44 am

NPC Dialogs

Download here: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/npc_dialogs.aspx

This is another NPC control addon. It appears to make NPCs say things in various channels and might even allow for emotes as well. Again, players need to have the addon installed to see it, and they also have to be invited to the event. One player is in control of all of the NPCs needed for the event, much like Verisimiliar. This looks interesting and I might try it out, too. I'll let you know what I think if I do so.

Last edited by Relzhane on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Relzhane

Relzhane

RP Addons List Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Addons List   RP Addons List EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:51 am

Aubcom's Environment Emotes

Download here: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/environment-emotes.aspx

This merely reformats emotes to take out spaces between punctuation and the character's name as well as emoting the environment directly without your name in front of it. Simple, but handy. I have used it and it does exactly as it says it will. It is important to note, however that you must allow out of date addons to load in order to use this addon. It still works just fine without any glitches even though it is, technically, not updated.

Last edited by Relzhane on Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Relzhane

Relzhane

RP Addons List Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Addons List   RP Addons List EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:26 pm

HandyNotes

Download here: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/handynotes.aspx

This will allow you to add notes to your worldmap. It can come in pretty handy for keeping track of the various interesting things you find in the World of Warcraft.

To add notes, use the following commands:
  • Alt-RightClick on the world map to add a note.
  • Use "/hnnew" without the quotes to add a note at your current location.
  • Use "/hnnew x,y" without the quotes to add a note at location x,y on your current zone's map.

This addon has a lot of sub-addons available to increase the functionality of it, should you want to. These include marking mailboxes, marking NPCs, and I think I saw one that might track guild mates, but I'm not sure. I use it merely to make my own custom notes for RP locations.

Last edited by Relzhane on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Relzhane

Relzhane

RP Addons List Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Addons List   RP Addons List EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:43 pm

Total RP

Download here: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/total-rp.aspx

This is yet another RP profile addon. It allows you to do do extra things aside from modify you profile, such as creating documents and custom items, and it also adds more fields to the profile such as alignment and mood. It comes with a shortcut bar that allows easy access to your character status and turning off hats, etc. as well as buttons to open the various custom menus. It also has features to change the way chat is output on the screen dependent upon your settings. Some of our guildies use this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RP Addons List Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Addons List   RP Addons List Empty

Back to top Go down

RP Addons List
Page 1 of 1